My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Days 2 and 3

From Livejournal March 6th, 2010

So, if day 1 was "so far so good" then day 2 was "ready to give up."

I don't want to piss and moan about it here cause in the end, it's my choice and I need to live with it, but man it was a crappy day. I was miserably hungry the whole day no matter what I ate (well, drank) and I peed twice an hour from 10am-midnight and then once more in the middle of the night. Then, it was a friend's bday so we went to her house for dinner/cake neither of which I could eat but she would have been upset if I didn't go. So I toughed it out and I survived and do feel better for not having given up.

Day 3 has been much better, though I'm still quite hungry. I left home at 11 and ran errands and went to the barn and just got back at 4. I've had a protein shake, an odwalla soy drink, and some cream of mushroom soup. I'm supposed to be on only broths, not soup, but I think I'll switch to broth only at the 1 week mark (3/10.) Being on only liquids, even tasty soups, is still really hard. The only thing that's helping me feel better is knowing I only have 7 days of work left before I get a month off - which I never expected to be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment