My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Monday, March 22, 2010

The first day of the rest of my life

It's my first day on short term disability after using my requisite 3 sick days last week. I am like a kid in a candy store (only metaphorically, lol, don't worry) when I think about all the things I could do with my time. Topping my list are:

1. learning to live with this thing including getting in all my protein, water, vitamins each day
2. being active and having fun - dog parks, long walks, bike rides once I feel up to it
3. Finding a local psychologist and starting to see him/her
4. Making time for pampering (facials, manicures, etc.)
5. Getting stuff done around the house that I've put off too long (unpacking from the move, decorating, painting)
6. Taking a class and learning something new at a local community center. Everything from sports to music lessons to art classes - wow!
7. Go to the barn as much as humanly possible to exercise my horse (from the ground) and get him in shape for my return
8. Sample lots of new restaurants thanks to many 80% off coupons from Restaurant.com
9. Make new friends with people going through the WLS experience

I am so overwhelmed but in a good way. I still have some residual pain but I'm handling it with only tylenol now. I cannot wait until I'm 100% pain free so I can move around more. It still hurts to twist my middle at all and I avoid bending at the waist. I'm doing a lot of squatting to pick things up. Those muscles will be buff in n time!

No comments:

Post a Comment