My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 1

From Livejournal March 4th, 2010:

It's 5:30 pm and I've eaten 932 calories today: all of them liquid. And you know what? It hasn't been THAT bad. I'm sure the first few days will be the worst as far as being hungry goes and after that I'll probably get tired of the same stuff, but I'm encouraged by the facts that a) I'm not going out of my mind, b) I've been able to work and concentrate reasonably well, c)I'm not all that much more hungry than I am when I eat normal solid food, and d) I'm really looking forward to a chocolate/peanut butter/banana smoothie for dinner tonight.

Life is good! I'm not counting calories for any reason except my own curiosity to see how much liquids it takes to keep me full and functional. And on top of all this, someone put out a tray of gourmet brownies that I had to pass by all day every time I walked anywhere and I wasn't tempted in the slightest. I'm going to wholefoods after work to stock up on more whey powder, soups, and maybe some different juices.

Oh, and I tried special k protein water mix and it wasn't that bad but the 5 grams of protein did not in fact "take the edge off" my hunger like the box promises.

1 day (almost) down and 12 more to go as I forge towards my "lucky" day. It's gonna be St. Patrick's day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment