My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Monday, July 11, 2011

2 week experiment, days 12, 13, 14

Where did the weekend go? I guess I was having too much fun to write!

Well, Monday is over and tomorrow morning's weigh in will yield the results of my 2 week experiment. I don't have high hopes. Today I was 179.6 so I will be happy if I'm back down to last week's low of 179.4, even better if I'm a fraction of a pound below that but I'm not expecting it.

Here are the daily results from Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and today.

Friday:
1205 cal
113 carb
46 fat
103 protein
Exercise 100 calories

Saturday:
1333 cal
86 carb
72 fat
108 protein
Exercise: 873 calories

Sunday:
1240 calories
76 carbs
66 fat
100 protein
Exercise: 436

Monday:
1385 calories
111 carb
62 fat
117 carb
Exercise 52 calories

I keep telling myself that even losing 1lb, even 1/2 lb in a week is a good thing. It's just taking a bit of effort to not get discouraged over that slow of a loss when I am making such a point to eat well and exercise. But I have enough medifast food to last me 3 more weeks and maybe I'll be able to start sticking to it better than I have been. I certainly "should" only be getting about 800 calories a day on this plan but that just feels depressing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment