My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Monday, July 4, 2011

2 week experiment, day 7

Yesterday was a big win! I finished out the day with the following nutrition stats:

Calories: 1046
Carb: 78g
Fat: 71g
Protein: 103g

Unfortunately I didn't drink as much water as I needed to but I'm trying to make up for that today. It's just tough to drink when I'm feeling restriction like I have been since waking up a couple of hours ago.

So Monday has generally been my weigh-in day (for the official count) but last week we were camping still on Monday so I started my experiment on Tuesday and thus my first week isn't really complete till tomorrow morning.

But for the sake of consistency, I did weigh in this morning and was amazed to be back at 180.6. When I got home from camping I was 184 (which is basically where I had been for the past couple of months) so it definitely feels good to be back down at 180. I am looking forward to reporting a week from tomorrow that I am somewhere in the 170s for real and not due to working out hard or being dehydrated.

I'd have to say that at 1 week into the experiment, it's working! Which makes me very happy. And it hasn't been that hard AND I even had one major off plan day.

No comments:

Post a Comment