My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 week experiment, days 5 and 6

Day 5 was a total loss. I was not even on plan for a fraction of it but we had a July 4th (or...2nd) cookout to go to. The good news is I drank my water, minimized the damage, got rid of the trail mix, and got right back on board this morning.

In fact, day 6 has been quite remarkable. It's 7pm and so far I've only had 506 calories. I've been busy doing stuff all day and just didn't have a lot of time to eat but these 506 calories have been high quality ones. 55 grams of protein so far. I use myfitnesspal.com to track my food and nutrients and it's kind of weird that they think I only need 45g of protein each day. Who came up with that? My surgeon wants me to have 60 at minimum and I've been getting over 100 and actually feeling really good lately. So myfitness pal is a great little tool but it needs to be able to customize how much of each nutrient I actually want per day.

I'll have to update tomorrow with the actual values I ended up with. I am projecting 956 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment