My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Thursday, June 30, 2011

FOOD!

OMG. I am so hungry for the first time in days. I think it's a combination of my TOM (time of month) being over (I'm always tighter during that) and having worked out really hard yesterday. My body is like NOM NOM NOM. I am blowing through the medifast food and I didn't add in an extra protein shake this morning because I wasn't planning on working out today. Already drank 64 oz of water, I'll definitely try to get more in before tonight and I have gotten 100 grams of protein already. The good news is, I haven't strayed too far and am still within my calories especially if I can make myself jump rope or something tonight at home. The bad news is I've gone for the junk. Work keeps a huge stash. I ate 1 miniature Mr. Goodbar and 1/2 of a miniature donut. Total about 80 calories. I did walk today for 30 minutes already on my way to lunch and back so technically I walked off the extra calories but I hate that I caved in and ate sugar again. Just plain, no good, empty calorie sugar. Really frustrated with myself that I can't STICK to a freaking diet plan for more than a day. And now, in the middle of my "oatmeal" I feel like I'm going to puke cause I ate it too quickly. Dammit, I broke the rule that was working for me so well. To keep eating on schedule even when I'm not really "hungry" cause it keeps me from getting this way (eating fast and pukish.)

Well, at least the work day is almost over and I have 2 MF meals and still some lean/green left to use today.

No comments:

Post a Comment