My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Thursday, June 30, 2011

2 week experiment, day 3

Yesterday was great. I do not understand it but between the band and the medifast food I am eating under 1300 calories, exercising off 300+ and not hungry. WTF?? If I can stick with this for a couple of weeks or a month even, I am going to be doing really well. That is, if the experiment succeeds and I actually lose weight. Still not sure but then again I wasn't sure about any of this to begin with and here I am 95 lbs later. I keep reminding myself "If you work the plan, the plan will work for you." Just repeat, repeat, repeat.

I had my first session with a personal trainer last night after work. I'll be with him for the next 3 Wednesdays and then workout on my own 4 more times per week. If the results are good I may keep going with him for a little longer even though it's not an expense I want to have.

So here is my food breakdown for day 2:
Calories: 1293
Carbs: 103g
Fat: 65g
Protein: 100g
Exercise: burned 370

The elevated fat and carbs are certainly due to a late night attack of the munchies. I had some trail mix in the house. Nuts, raisins, M&Ms... this was leftover from camp and I should have just taken it to work but with 400-something calories left to spend yesterday I figured 1 serving of it wasn't going to kill me. And it didn't. I woke up today at a lower scale number than I've seen in a while. The 179 on my ticker isn't exactly accurate. I've been holding steady around 184 for a while. I was stuck at 180 for a bit and then I think my eating habits deteriorated with the start of summer and Rita's Water Ice season.

As of today 182.8. Can't wait to see what the official loss is when I weigh on Tuesday which will be a week after starting. It would be so awesome to actually get into the lower 170s which would be new territory once again. So tired of seeing the same numbers bouncing up and down and no real losses.

But the good news is, I think I'm back in the zone. That's my mental place where nothing can stop me. Crappy food in the fridge and cupboards here at work be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment