My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You change your mind like a girl changes clothes

Yes, I'm talking about the moody band who can't seem to make up her mind if she wants to be loose or tight from day to day. It's frustrating but it's par for the course, according to everything I've read and heard. Last week I got so badly stuck on one tiny piece of chicken I could barely eat solids for 2 days and now I'm able to eat anything and everything without the slightest discomfort. Of course that doesn't mean I'm actually THAT hungry, just that for some reason when you're loose after being tight for so long, it's really hard not to just eat because you can. I can see how people gain back weight quickly if they have to get their bands unfilled. I hope that never happens to me. So I've had a little bit of a hiatus from the strict meal plan and hoping to get back on the wagon seriously in the next couple of days. I still have a major goal of getting to 185 by 11/18 when I go home to visit my family. That would be amazing but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. My next, longer term goal is to hit 273 by 1/1/11. That would be 100 lbs and that's something I'm really aiming for but I don't think I'll be overly sad if I don't make it, as long as I come close.

Not too much to write about today. I've bounced back up to 193 which is disappointing since I was at 190.2 a couple of days ago but all this looseness after so much tightness has definitely not helped. Everything will normalize and of course if that little loss was caused by being overly tight and maybe even dehydrated, it's better to not be there anymore. I'm perfectly happy with 193.

No comments:

Post a Comment