My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Monday, November 29, 2010

Finally falling into place

It's amazing how well this thing works when you're not getting in its way. Ok, so I haven't actually lost much weight the past couple of weeks because once I figured out the pill thing and got back to normal eating without nearly daily PB/vomiting it was time for Thanksgiving and family vacation and I just wasn't going to diet during that. But the great thing is, I ate what I wanted to and I didn't gain anything. I'm holding stead at 187.6 for the past couple of days and I'm back on the plan as of this morning. If I can be really strict for the next 34 days I might make it to my goal of 173 by new years. I'll be ok if I don't though. I would REALLY like to be at 173 by 1/22 because that would be 100lbs down from my starting weight on the 1 year anniversary of my first consult with Dr. A. I would be really proud to be able to say I lost 100lbs both pre and post-op in the 1 year since officially starting down the lap band road. That's not too ambitious because actually it would mean that I'd averaged 2lbs per week for a year. Now, if I could get to 173 by new year's THAT would be ambitious ;) We'll see. I am determined to start some amped up exercising soon. I need to kick in the resistance training to build muscle and boost my metabolism. Till now I've really focused on cardio and I need to change things up.

So that's a quick update. Planning to write more later. I am just so thrilled at my ability to eat like a normal bandster actually working as planned ever since stopping with the pills. Still waiting to receive that medicine in liquid form (stupid pharmacy, arg.)

No comments:

Post a Comment