My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lies, lies, lies!

I have a really dysfunctional relationship with my scale. Not afraid to admit it. I've told Steve to lock it up and hide it but then I really needed it and he caved ;) Lol. I'm like a junkie.

The good thing for now is that every time I get on it it's either the same or lower. But that's also part of the problem. I don't trust the damn thing further than I could throw it. Ok, yes, it's not that heavy so I could throw it pretty far, but you know what I mean.

Today, for example, got on first thing in the morning and I was down about a pound from yesterday morning. Then I realized Steve had moved it when opening a window last night so sometimes the first reading isn't accurate and it needs to "reset." So I got back on - literally 30 seconds later - and I was 2 lbs less than yesterday. I hate it when this happens. So figuring I'd do best 2 out of 3 (i.e. see if I could get the same reading twice) I got on again and it was 3 lbs less than yesterday!

It's been about an hour so I tried again to see if I could get a match and luckily (for my sanity) it came up at the middle number. So that's what I'll go with for today. But I can't help feeling like the stupid thing is always lying to me. And of course, inherent in that is that I haven't really lost the 30lbs it says I have. Good thing I go to see my new shrink today. 3rd appointment...we've passed through my history and will be on to my craziness today for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment