My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Surgery day +4

I slept in this morning after quite an active day yesterday. You know what really sucks? The most painful thing I'm feeling is in my lower back from having to walk hunched over everywhere! I mean seriously! I just had major surgery and my sore muscles from the position I have to be in are what's bothering me? Arg...

Tomorrow I am going out to lunch with my grandmother and great-aunt/uncle. I know from yesterday that even my normally very loose size 12 jeans won't fit because of all the swelling and extra stuff I have around me. If I had any sense, I would ask to go out and get some stretchy jeans but I guess I'm going to tough it out and either wear sweat pants or just wear the jeans like I did yesterday, unbuttoned.

One really strange thing is that my appetite hasn't come back yet. I've been trying to get in enough protein bars and shakes so I'm nutritionally sound. Supplementing that with chicken soup and fruit when I feel like eating anything at all. Tonight I am planning on trying some ice cream that we bought. How could I not want ice cream?

I cannot wait to feel back to normal and have the energy to run around and do things. I miss being active and I miss being able to stretch out on the bed and feel all of my muscles instead of being squished on a recliner. But the recliner is very comfortable so it could be much worse if I didn't have it.

I am very ambitious but hoping that I will be able to get a few drains removed on Wednesday at my next post-op appointment. These things are so annoying. I guess I'm just feeling overall annoyed at the moment! Haha. That's what happens after a few days of recovery. I can see myself getting into trouble soon on online forums where I will start to cuss people out.

2 comments:

  1. what part of alabama are you staying...i live near auburn and was just wondering

    ReplyDelete