My Progress

I started this blog in March 2010 when I found out I was approved to move forward with Lap-Band surgery. I've always fancied myself a "writer" though I hate the pretension that usually comes along with that label. I've also never managed to keep a steady journal, blog, or website going for more than a few months (instead I've started many over the years and they've fizzled out.) But here you go, my latest attempt, and because it's an issue that's so important, I've really tried to keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're interested in reading the whole story from the beginning, you should scroll down and start with the earliest posts, moving forward. Yes, I know you know how a blog works but my grandmother might visit this website too, you know!

I chose "Results Not Typical" because that's always the disclaimer you see on commercials for weight loss products and services. Well, I've never been typical in any sense of the word, so I'm hoping this time around is no different. I told myself when I started that I was going to excel at this (as I do with most things I put my mind to) and I'm happy to report that I already have. 15 months after my surgery, I am down 95 lbs. I truly cannot believe it, nor can I believe (or could I have imagined) the differences in my life.

I welcome comments by email or left here and hope to offer support to others.


Monday, February 7, 2011

I posted to the Weight Watchers message board

Feeling kind of down (constantly these days.) So I posted this. Of course no one at WW knows about my band. I am seeing my therapist tomorrow and this is definitely going to be at the top of the list for conversation. Why am I being so negative?
-----

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I just joined WW at my office last week and even though according to the WW scale at the meetings I've lost 4 lbs in my first week, my scale at home has not moved. Scale calibration issues aside, I'm just feeling burned out and frustrated.

See, I've already lost 92 lbs going from 273 to 181. I just joined WW to try to give me some extra support to lose the last 30 that I need to but I'm feeling more discouraged than I ever have. I kind of feel like I did at the beginning of my weight loss when at 273 I felt like it was impossible to lose a single pound. I don't feel all that different than I did back then. I don't see my reflection differently even though I know I must have changed drastically. And I am SO tired of worrying and counting everything I eat. But I can't seem to relax or let up because I'm so worried that if I do I'll just wake up and have gained back 90 lbs.

I know my problem is ALL in my head. I need to start thinking positively and giving myself encouraging thoughts instead of criticism. Every time I see myself in the mirror I think how fat I still look and it's really getting me down. I am 5'7" and at 181 lbs should not feel like I am that huge, right?

Please help. I need encouragement from those who have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment